5 Healthy Breakfast Recipes
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so it’s worth making an effort to eat a well-balanced one. Breakfast should be packed with nutritious foods that provide long-lasting energy and keep you satiated for a longer duration. These foods are high in fiber, protein, and micronutrients.
According to a research, a good and healthy breakfast also aids in weight loss while affecting daily cognitive performance. Skipping breakfast would lead you to binge the whole day, which is not optimal for your health.
It’s best to avoid foods high in sugar, refined carbs, and additives, but it’s not always easy to know what to choose. So, we bring you a list of quick and easy, healthy, and nutritious recipes for breakfast.
Quick And Healthy Breakfast Recipes
Vermicelli is a popular breakfast recipe that can be cooked in a jiffy. The traditional tempering of mustard seeds and curry leaves gives a great aroma to the dish. And a squeeze of lemon over the mixed veggie vermicelli accentuates the taste. It is a quick and healthy recipe that you can cook in just 15-20 minutes. It's a delicious and quick snack option for all your hunger pangs. Vermicelli is light on stomach, known to be an all-time favorite meal, not just restricted to breakfast or brunch.
Vermicelli: 1 cup
Veggies: Onions, Capsicum, Carrots, Green Chilies, Corn
Curry leaves: 4-5
Mustard Seeds: 1/2 tsp
Olive Oil: 1 tbsp.
1. Boil water in a pan and add vermicelli. On a medium flame, let the vermicelli boil until it gets soft. But do not over-boil it. It might get sticky.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and curry leaves for tempering.
3. Add onions and saute them for a while. Add the other veggies and saute them for 5-7 mins.
4. Add salt and pepper.
5. Drain the excess water from the vermicelli. And wash it with cold water.
6. Mix vermicelli with veggies and squeeze a generous amount of lemon.
7. Serve hot!
2. Khaman Dhokla
Khaman Dhokla is a Gujarati recipe that can be made instantly. The tempering of mustard seeds and curry leaves gives it a great aroma and adds more flavor to the dish. Khaman Dhokla is made from chickpea flour, or rava. It’s a perfect and healthy steamed breakfast option. It is a light, spongy, and soft diet food served with accompaniments like green chutney, fried green chilies, or raw papaya salad.
Curd: 1 cup
Water: 1/3 cup
Salt: 1 tsp
Sugar: 1/2 tsp
Fruit Salt: 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds: 1 tsp
Curry Leaves: 5-6
Green Chilies: 5-6
Oil: 1 tsp
Chili Powder: a pinch
1. Whisk semolina, curd, salt, and sugar. Keep it aside for some time.
2. Heat oil in a pan, and add mustard seeds, curry leaves, and green chilies.
3. Add eno to the batter and mix it well. Pour batter into the greased plates, sprinkle some red chili powder or chili flakes, and place them in the steamer.
4. Cover it with the lid and let it steam for 15 minutes on a medium flame.
5. Cut it into squares. Spread the oil and mustard seed concoction.
6. Serve with green chutney.
3. Sprouts Salad
This moong sprout salad is an easy, tasty, and healthy salad recipe. It’s a low-fat, gluten-free, and vegan recipe. You can experiment with the ingredients and feel free to add your favorite vegetables and nuts to make them more nutritious and tastier. You can also add other legume sprouts to this salad.
Moong Sprouts: 1 bowl
Lemon Juice: 2-3 tsp.
1. Steam Moong Sprouts to make it soft and tender.
2. Add chopped onions, cucumber, tomatoes, green chilies, salt, and lemon juice. Mix it well.
3. Sprouts Salad is Ready!
4. Instant Rawa Uttapam
Looking for a quick, easy, and healthy breakfast recipe, Instant Rava Uttapam is one of the best breakfast options. It’s a South Indian dish and one of the best recipes to enjoy your most important meal of the day. An ideal morning breakfast recipe that can be made instantly without the hassle of fermentation and grounding.
Rava/Suji: 2 cups
Water: as required
Green Chillies: 4-5
Salt: 2-3 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder: as required
Eno/Fruit Salt: 1-2 teaspoon
1. Mix rava, curd, and water, salt in a bowl. Mix it well and leave it for at least an hour.
2. Add Eno/fruit salt.
3. Heat a little oil in a pan.
4. Pour the rava batter and spread it in a circular motion. And ensure that it is a little thick.
5. Spread the finely chopped onions, tomatoes, and green chilies over the batter. Sprinkle salt and red chili powder.
6. Flip over the other side once the uttapam turns golden brown.
7. Cook it on a medium flame for 3-4 minutes.
8. Instant Rava Uttapam is ready. Serve it with the chutney of your choice!
5. Spiced Paneer Pancake
Dishes made from semolina (suji) are delicious and light on the stomach as they are easily digestible. If you are on a diet and looking to replace your all-purpose flour, adding semolina to your diet would be a great option. This pancake is made with semolina, seasonal veggies, and curd. It’s very nutritious and filling!
Semolina (Rawa/Suji): 2 cups
Gram Flour: 1tsp
Curd: 1 and 1/2 cups (You can further add water if the batter is thick)
Veggies: Onions, Capsicum, Carrots, Green Chilies
Salt: as per taste
White Pepper/Black Pepper (optional): 1/2tsp
Eno/Fruit Salt: 1/2tsp
Cottage Cheese (Paneer): 1 cup
Veggies: Onions, Capsicum, Carrots
Salt: as per taste
Chili Flakes: 1/2tsp
Black Pepper/White Pepper: 1/2tsp
For Pan Cake Batter
1. Mix semolina, curd, and salt. Keep it aside.
2. Chop all the veggies and add them to the semolina mixture.
1. Crumble the cottage cheese (paneer).
2. Chop onions, capsicum, and carrots (You can also add corn)
3. Add salt, oregano, chili flakes, and black pepper. Mix it well.
For Pan Cake
1. Add eno/fruit salt to the pancake batter.
2. Grease the pan/Tawa with ghee/oil. Add mustard seeds.
3. Add the batter and keep a medium flame.
4. Flip the pancake as it turns golden brown.
5. Cook it on a low flame so that it gets crispy.
6. Transfer it to a serving plate, spread green chutney/ketchup over the pancake, and then spread the panner topping over it.
With these breakfast recipes, do not miss out on eating nuts, fruits, buttermilk, and juice. While nuts and fruits must be included in the breakfast, buttermilk can be taken with lunch and juice in your evening snacks but not after 6 pm.
Start your day with a healthy note and look forward to having an energetic day!
Let's Create Healthier Lives!
Note: The recipes were first published in www.leapingwindow.com